20 Days, 2500 Books : International Book Giving Day
14th February is Valentine’s Day. But did you know that it is also International Book Giving Day?
Last year, our community donated generously to our International Book Giving Day campaign and we raised 1500 books. Join us again this year by helping us raise funds for …International Book Giving Day’s focus is on encouraging people worldwide
to give a book to a child on February 14th.
…2500 books in 20 days!
Help us make some book love potion by:
1. Choosing a campaign on Donate-a-Book
2. Adding a dash of your book love* to the mix
*(Rs.250 = 6 books, Rs.500 =12 books, Rs.1000 = 25 books. Rs.5000 = 1 library kit)
3. Books are sent to libraries/schools across India.
4. Children open your book love parcel and dive into a magical world of stories.
A look at all the current campaigns on Donate-a-Book :
- Support Thinksharp Foundation’s campaign to start libraries in rural Maharashtra
- Make STEM subjects less daunting by gifting a STEM book pack to a library/school across India (campaign closed)
- Send books to build a library in a government school in Kukatpalli, Telangana
- Somaiya Trust has rebuilt a library in Tera village in Kutch. Can you help add books to this village library?
- Aim for Seva works with tribal and first generation learners. Help them equip 5 education centres in Karnataka with books in 3 languages.
- By donating to Insight Walk Education’s campaign, books can reach children in 12 remote villages in Maharashtra.
- Donate books to Kites – a pre and remedial school located in Dehradun. (campaign full funded)
- Jamuna wants to bring change to a village in a remote hamlet of Tamil Nadu. Support her mission by gifting books to the library she is building.
- Maharashtra Village Social Transformation Foundation wants to help develop the reading habit of kids in this Zilla Parishad school.
This February, let us celebrate the ‘love’ of reading!
*If you are trying to make a donation from outside India, please email donateabook(at)prathambooks(dot)org with details of the campaign you want to donate to.