Empowering rural children with the Gift of Education
0Days to go
Know more about us
Who we are
Sharada Educational Trust is a registered charitable trust founded in 2022 by Arvind Kamath and Anita Kamath in memory of their late grandmother Smt. Sharada Kamath. Their mission is to "Empower Lives Through Education" by adopting a holistic approach to solving the problems faced by underserved communities.
Our work and its impact
Our work involves:
- Supporting the education of underserved students in rural areas with a focus on their all-around development rather than curriculum-based learning.
- Supporting smaller NGOs in rural areas, and setting up libraries for kids.
- Empowering rural women by providing them with skill-based training to ensure a sustainable livelihood.
- Increasing financial literacy among low-income families in rural and urban areas.
- Providing scholarships, stipends and/or financial assistance to meritorious students and teachers.
How we will utilise these books
The funds received from this campaign will be used to get Pratham Books storybooks n English, Hindi, Marathi and Kannada. They will be distributed to rural government schools in Karnataka, NGOs that run classes for children in slums in Maharashtra and a charitable trust in Igatpuri, Maharashtra that works with children with learning disabilities and speech/hearing-related disabilities.
|Babita Y||₹75||May 17, 2023|
|Vijaya Kamath||₹7,500||April 27, 2023|
|Sharada Trust||₹22,500||April 17, 2023|