Spreading Joy Through Books: Support Our Joyful Book Box Crowdfunding Campaign
2Days to go
Know more about us
Who we are
Homoeopathic Academy of Research & Charities is dedicated to delivering holistic healthcare based on homoeopathy to the underprivileged. We also prioritise raising awareness about public health and sanitation through educational campaigns, along with organising medical camps in rural regions.
Our support extends to vulnerable groups like PLHIV, orphans, the elderly, street children, and others. We provide crucial services including education, healthcare, and shelter. To achieve our goals, we depend on donations in various forms.
Our work and its impact
We have also conducted 5 workshops in 4 talukas, involving dialogues on the impact of mobile phones and strategies to encourage reading. As part of these efforts, over 1000 books have been distributed to the 5 participating schools, averaging around 200 books per school.
Here are a few of our other initiatives:
1) We supported 330 underprivileged, orphaned, and HIV-affected children with complete educational kits.
2) Diwali Daan Mahotsav: Diwali Celebration with 400 HIV, underprivileged & Orphan Kids was planned and Diwali Kits were provided.
3) Menstrual Hygiene Management & Awareness Program - A total of 17 sessions were conducted where counselling was provided to 3040 adolescent Girls. Free Sanitary Pads were provided for 1072 girls
4) COVID-19 response included providing Oxygen Concentrators, Home based Oxygen support to Post Covid parents and Homoeopathic Medicines for Black Fungus, Immunity Boosters for Prisoners etc
5) HIV/AIDS Awareness Cycle Expedition on Azadi Ka Amrutmahotsav: 300 affected individuals received HIV & AIDS support, including education kits, sweaters, and rehabilitation support. An awareness cycle expedition covering 5 states was conducted to raise awareness.
6) Tools for Subsistence was provided to aid 23 Destitute Widows and Swadhyayshakti Abhyasika: A reading room/library was set up to empower underprivileged girls. These initiatives collectively address education, health, hygiene, and empowerment.
How we will utilise these books
The funds raised through this campaign will be utilised to provide joyful books from Pratham Books in mother tongue languages to address the growing concern of excessive mobile phone use among children and teenagers in Parbhani. This widespread mobile phone addiction is leading to communication breakdown, confusion, and hampered physical, mental, and intellectual development in students. To counter this, the Homoeopathic Academy of Research and Charities organisation is initiating 'Mobile Detox Therapy' brainstorming sessions starting from August 1, 2023, across Zilla Parishad schools in Parbhani district. The books will help foster a reading culture among children keeping them engaged and informed.