Who we are
Education is the most powerful tool you can use to change the world. Recognising this need, the Swa Surajya Foundation works in the education sector to help socially and economically underprivileged people in rural Belgaum, a district in Karnataka.
Our work and its impact
Some of our ongoing projects are:
1. School Rejuvenation Program: to improve the quality of education, provide skill-based education, spoken English classes and computer training.
2. Community education centre: Samudayik Shiksha Kendra
3. A community library
4. Scholarships for deserving students. This crowdfunding initiative is a campaign by Swa Surajya Foundation, our partner organisation and well-wishers.
How we will utilise these books
The funds from our campaign will be used in the following ways:
1. We will create a space for the library in each school/community education centre for students and teachers to utilise books.
2. One teacher and one student will be responsible for the library, and they will be trained to track books borrowed and returned and which books are popular.
4. Weekly reading classes will be conducted for children to share their learnings and children will be encouraged to conduct readalouds.
5. We will arrange reading and writing competitions based on the books twice a year.
Daan Utsav or the Joy of Giving festival is celebrated every year in October and is India’s biggest festival of giving during which people from all over the country join hands to perform acts of kindness. This season of giving, help foster a reading culture for children.
Know more about us
We are raising these funds for